How to Bleed Standard Service and Bottle Jacks (Looking for RPG Air Tools?)
A brand new jack out of the box can be tipped during transport which allows air to get into the system. To ensure proper use you want to make sure to bleed the jack before full use in your shop. Bleeding your jack monthly will keep it working in top performance. You should also bleed the jack if you see any decrease in lifting power. Watch the video or read the steps below.
1. Open valve with handle and pump ten times
2. Close valve and raise to fully extended height
3. Pump ten additional times in full extension
4. Release the valve by twisting handle to lower cylinder
5. To release all the air repeat two times if necessary
6. Usually these steps will bleed the jack entirely. If not, once the cylinder has been released and lowered, twist fill plug on the top of cylinder slightly to release any remaining air, then reseal.