The largest issue with air tool failure is improper lubrication. It extends tools life with only a few drops of oil (0406) that goes directly into the whip hose or air inlet. Simply run the tool for a few seconds after a few times a day and you’ll be good! Check out our how to video.
Protective covers can reduce wear/damage caused by abuse or dropping of air tools. When a tool is dirty it can decrease power and the life of a tool.
Moisture is condensed in air under pressure in the air lines and at the bottom of the tank. A compressor can make nearly 18 gallons of water vapor a day under average conditions of 75 degrees with 75% humidity. Your tools will experience loss of power, early failure, and potentially seize up with rust down the line as water moves through your system.
Beat up impact tools and sockets significantly reduce the life of tools. Sockets won’t fit correctly if the beveled portion of the tip of the shank is worn. A loose or improper fit rounds the socket’s opening and once the socket is rounded it will wear the bevel quickly on the shank of a new tool similarly. Best practice is to purchase new sockets with a new wrench.
Depending on your situation some equipment only needs a filter/regulator, use your manual for more information. This increases efficiency of your air tools and extends performance life.
Tire and automotive service equipment and supplies
for the passenger, truck and OE service provider.
With over thirty sales representatives covering 13 states, averaging twelve years of experience we can help you solve your service needs. Orders ship from one of our four warehouses encompassing a total of 40,000 square feet. McGee Company offers same day shipping on most orders with a 97% fill rate on tire supply products.
What separates our tire supply and equipment programs from the competition?
- Customer service-We pride ourselves on getting the right solution for every customer’s needs with fast turnaround on products and responses to customers.
- Family owned & operated- The third generation of McGee’s are taking care of daily operations and the extended family of over 100 employees!
- On-site equipment demonstration.
- Equipment trade-ins.
- Customer training – TPMS, Proper Tire Repair, safe wheel installation , Equipment maintenance, TIA Truck Tire Service Certification, & Tool maintenance.
- Dallas and Denver interactive equipment showrooms.
- In-house leasing – Flexible payment plans.
- Quality Products – Knowledgeable staff with a variety of USA made and imports available for automotive service equipment & supplies.
- Project Coordination – single point of contact to coordinate new service facility equipment installation.
- Tailored solutions- For the mom & pop up to the largest dealership.
- Continuous employee training about the industry and products.
- Involved in most states tire associations and networks.
- Longevity – delivering superior experience since 1951!
For 65 plus years, one goal has never changed—our commitment to customers!